1 tbsp olive oil
a stack of cabbage leaves: 700g or a good 10 or 15 of 'em
1 or 2 white radishs
6 cups vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
1. wash the cabbage leaves and cut them into 1/2 inch strips
2. peel and slice the radish
3. heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed soup pot or whatever deep-ish pot you have
4. sautee the radishes for a few moments on medium heat, then throw in the cabbage. Worry-not, the cabbage will probably be spilling out of the pot, but it will quickly reduce. Stir occasionally for 7-10 minutes, proceeding to the next step when the cabbage has the soft-crunchy balance you prefer.
5. Pour in the stock and let the flavors meld for about 15 minutes.
The french magazine this came from called it "cleansing." I call it light, yummy, and better the second day with noodles in it.